These standards are commercially owned.
These standards are mandated for ba.com.
Top Level Principles
- fit for purpose
- meet customer needs and expectations, balanced with business requirements
- fit the physical capabilities of users, and take account of accessibility issues
- a source of competitive advantage
- The International Standards Organisation defintion of usability is “The effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction with which specified users achieve specified goals in particular environments.”
- Accessibility is to do with making resources available to the disabled. In web terms, this is pertinent especially to the blind and partially sighted, and those who have trouble controlling a mouse accurately.